Eric,

If it were my company, I would suggest buying a SCSI attached 3490E
drive. You could then read the data yourself on almost any UNIX or PC
system. No, I don't know the cost.

As an aside, we addressed this possibility by getting an IBM
TotalStorage tape subsystem with 3592J drives. Both the zSeries and
"distributed" people use the same media.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.