I don't know what you wanted to "hear" from IBM.  However, if your question
is whether differences between these options will change run-time behavior,
the answer is DEFINITELY yes.

1) TRUNC - is a compile-time option.  Do you do compiles on both LPARs?  If
not, a change won't impact anything.  If so, then:
  TRUNC(OPT) is DEFINITELY a better performance option.
  TRUHNC(STD) *will* change the behavior of applications that have binary
(USAGE COMP, COMP-4, or BINARY - not COMP-5) where the individual fields can
have values larger than the PICTURE specifies.  (e.g.  32000 in PIC 9999
COMP) field.

2) INTDATE is a run-time option that ONLY impacts CALLs to LE "date"
features.  (Such calls can be explicit or implicit by use of COBOL date
intrinsic functions).
  If you use LE callable services in non-COBOL (e.g. PL/I or Assembler)
applications, then you PROBABLY want to use "LILLIAN".  If you are a
COBOL-only shop, then using ANSI will give you "portable" results that
conform to the ANSI Standard.

  ***

Is this the type of information you are looking for?

This really IS all described (in more detail) in the IBM documentation.

news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]