According the unsolicited emails I have had the brazen temerity to open without
the written
permission of IBM's lawyers, we might expect a new system around 25 April.

There have been suggestions of a single-book system with 12 PUs - 8 of them
characterisable.
Up to four for operating system use, the other four must be IFLs, zAAPs, etc.,
subject to the
usual rule that the number of any type of speciality engines may not exceed the
number of OS
engines.

Oddly - not a word about performance options - kneecap levels, etc.  Nothing.
Zip.

My guess would be z900 levels with some degrades.  One suspicion is that the
potential
degrades (such as the z890 f/c 6110) have been held undefined in case IBM
decides to move with
its own emulation.  But that is pure speculation on my part.

--
  Phil Payne
  http://www.isham-research.co.uk