On 4/5/2006 8:38 AM, JB wrote:
I wrote a C-Program on MVS / OS/390 (a
Batch Program that runs as a Job under TSO).

I will create a new process and I will use MVS-Datasets, which I have
allocated in the parent process. It seems, this is a problem under MVS.
Datasets doesn't inherited from the child.
I have used fork() to create the child. I have tried to use named pipes
to process the information from the child to the parent. It doesn't
work.
How can I handle this problem?

I believe you will get better answers to such questions on the MVS-OE mailing list, rather than the IBM-MAIN mailing list, as MVS-OE is more focused on z/OS UNIX topics.

If you're not familiar with MVS-OE, see
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/unix/bpxa1dis.html

        Walt