John Giltner wrote:
Does anybody have any details on the size of the IBM mainframe that was
replaced in this migration?

I was looking for a bit more details on which box(es) they were running. My shop has decided to migrate most of our applications off of CICS/DB2/IDMS on z/OS.

They want to go Linux on Intel running J2EE (Websphere for now) for online and trying to keep Cobol for batch with DB2 with the possibility of replacing DB2 to Oracle) as the DBMS. The applications we are migrating account for about 85-90% of our CPU usage.

Our director point to this as "see it's possible to migrate a large scale applications off of a IBM mainframe and save money."

We are running a 1C7 and 1C3 now and will be upgrading to 304/303 in the next two weeks. In the new world they plan on use blade servers. Two four ways as DB servers and 8 two-ways for application servers (4 for Webshpere and four for batch jobs).