Wait a minute, I thought the State of Colorado doesn't have mainframes anymore!

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 4/12/2006 12:24:35 PM >>>
I had the same problem at this site a month ago.  My Low and OK
thresholds for frame stealing were already set at 4000,4500.  I doubted
that adding a few hundred more to the OK threshold would make a
difference.
What I found was that all of the batch jobs using up memory are running
SyncSort's bettergener and each was getting 4mb of fixed storage.  I
checked SyncSort mincore and it was setup for 4mb.  Mincore was reduced
to 320K and the problem has gone away.   So far I have not seen any
repercussions from reducing mincore for SyncSort.

Leif Rundberget
MVS, VM, Linux Operating Systems Support
Mainframe Network Administrator
State of Colorado
Department of Personnel & Administration (DPA)
Division of Information Technologies (DoIT)
690 Kipling Street,  Room 2060
Lakewood,  CO  80215-5844
Phone:  (303) 239-4357

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the Colorado
Public Records law. It may be subject to monitoring
 and disclosed to third parties, including law enforcement personnel by an
authorized state official.