From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ed Finnell
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:13 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Job scheduling

In a message dated 4/12/2006 8:24:30 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

In this  case, two jobs are submitted simultaneously.  We use
CA-Scheduler for  production and other test job streams.  I thought that
a scheduler was  included with the operating system, but I am just an
application  programmer, not a sysprog.

JES2 does not run sequentially. If you sub 2 jobs they may run
1 then 2 or 2 then 1 or 1 and 2. JES3 has the concept of /*NET which
will order a network of JOBs. Schedulers are not part of  the base
equation.

The old timey way was to have the last step of Job 1 sub job 2 or punch
it to the internal reader based on condition codes.

This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.