In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 04/11/2006
   at 07:52 PM, Ed Gould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Never heard of ASI.. is that like Palm Beach computing?

West Palm Beach. They're the outfit that used to sell an extremely
simple, but useful, piece of hardware called FileGard.

>The copy command would have to be changed slightly to allow PDSe's
>and some small other changes as well.

Perhaps, but I'd bet that it would be easier to augment the ASI
product than the old IBM can of worms.

>Format could be tossed AFAIK
>extremely few people used it AFAIK.

Probably because it never worked. Besides, after a while most shops
had Script, which was far more powerful.

>IIRC MOVE would need some help as well.

Calling Dr. Kevorkian!

>Its been ages but I do remember a bug that was a PITA in COPY that
>screwed up the copy if the output dataset contained sequence numbers
>that weren't 8 positions, but I could be wrong its been ages.

That sounds painfully familiar. I'd bet that you're not wrong.