On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:09:22 -0500, Chase, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       "Any suggestions, comments or directions on alternatives to
>9037-002 Sysplex Timers for keeping time synchronized between two
>Z-boxes before migrating from z/OS 1.5 to z/OS 1.7 and STP?  I've read
>some information on a box called TymServe 2100 from Symmetricom that has
>the RS-232 output...but it seems this box might still need the 9037 to
>synchronize the processor time.  We'd have to buy or lease a couple of
>9037s (we could still probably use mod 001) until the middle of next
>year".

John/Jim,
        We are running a Tymserve 2100L and it is currently connected to
9037-001's (btw which have reached their eos)and will be reconnected to
9037-002's shortly. Until STP is available, you will still need 9037-002's
if you want to synch time across multiple cpc's. I am not sure if you can
still find any 001's as they have reached eos. One thing that I have
noticed with the 2100L is that for it to connect to the 001's, the cable
went from the 2100L to the 001 console, yet looking at the 002's, the cable
from the 2100L will plug into the ETS Port on the actual 002. There are
some subtle differences between the 001 and 002.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers,
Roger