On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:33:04 -0700, Skip Robinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Without mining thru previous posts--I thought the dangling issue was the
>last system down, where SFM no longer has the power to initiate a cleanup.
>Isn't that the case where system reset is proposed as necessary?

Also without mining thru previous posts, I *didn't* think it was the
last system we were talking about.  Otherwise, there would be no
system left active to see the "reply down" message to begin with.

So I think you are safe.  I doubt our operations ever SYSTEM RESETs
the last system out of a plex here either.  Even if there was an
outstanding RESERVE, who would it hurt since no other systems are
sharing at that point.  The only way it could hurt is if the last system
down was not the first system up in the sysplex (which is SOP, and if
it wasn't operations would be more confused by the messages when they
IPL the wrong system first) and if a volume that has RESERVEs
issued against it is shared outside the scope of the sysplex (we have
one volume that falls in that category for HSC/VTCS).

Cheers,

Mark