>1  SI           DBP1
>2        PN   FIPLAN     DB2TTRAN
>2        PN   MANTIS     DB2PTRAN
>2        PN   *

>DBP1 is our production subsystem.  I assume that DBTTRAN has a lower
>priority than DB2PTRAN.  (Because FIPLAN is mostly batch against
>production and MANTIS is mostly online.)

Can't make that assumption here.
You need to know how the two service classes are defined.
Different set of panels to look that up.

>I assume the asterisk is to
>prevent our DDF threads from falling into the default discretionary class.

Since there is no service class defined on the same line as '*', it will fall
into what ever is defined as your default class for DDF work.
If that's discretionary, it will be discretionary.

-
-teD

O-KAY! BLUE! JAYS!
Let's PLAY! BALL!