On Apr 29, 2006, at 9:57 PM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

Of course, before IEBCOPY you had IEHMOVE. Don't ask, don't tell.

Seymour:

I can attest to that. When I was handed the keys to the kingdom I found out that the entire library (source,load,procs) system was based on IEHMOVE what a PITA. Talk about long running, sigh. The first chance I got was to convert it to IEBCOPY. We had MFT (my memory is fading on partition sizes we had). I latched on to to a large partition for IEBCOPY and it ran really well in a large partition (like a dog in the smaller partition). I was able to cut library maintenance down to a reasonable window so we didn't affect production . The timings were so well received that I got a commendation from the colonel (I was in the Army).

IEHMOVE was a dog.

Ed