Hi,

I have made the changes to SYZCMDZ to have the IF nesting levels default to
8 levels (instead of 4) and I have added the ability to specify an amount of
time that a task had to be running in order to qualify as "running".  This
was the only request from anyone at IBMMAIN and it made a lot of sense,
since the way the utility currently works, if you start a task (like CICS)
and then follow it with a "WAIT UNTIL STARTED CICS001" or the obsolete
utilities method of "STARTED CICS001" control command, as soon as the CICS
task begins to run the wait will be over, but CICS will obviously not be
ready to accept any commands since it's not completed initialized yet.  To
resolve this issue, I have added the ability to say "WAIT UNTIL STARTED
CICS001 5M" which will wait not only for CICS001 to be started, but for it
to have been running for 5 minutes (the time can be any time based on 4
digits, followed by a S for seconds (the default) or M for minutes.)

Further, I have added the ability for "operator Intervention" on the wait.
You can specify "WAIT UNTIL STARTED CICS001 5M/OPER" which will do the same
thing, but provide an interface that will allow the operator to cancel the
waiting and let the job move forward, you can also specify it with no time,
(just the /OPER), which will keep it from waiting forever if the operator
decides to intervene.

What was actually requested was the ability to tell the SYZCMDZ script
utility to wait for a console message, (in this case it would be the DFHnnnn
CONTROL IS GIVEN TO CICS message), and I think I can add that capability,
but it will take a while to work it out and test it.  It poses some problems
because if the message never gets issued, I would obviously have to let the
operator let me continue, but the question would be, Should I continue as if
the message did come out, or didn't come out?  The ramifications would be
pretty signifigant.

I have also decided that there will be two versions of the utility as with
my other program products, a free version which contains lesser
capabilities, and a "cost" version (very small cost) that will contain all
of the bells and whistles.  The reason for this is that I would like to be
able to recoup some of the development costs and the maintenance of the
utility.  Over the past year I have received over 400 emails asking how to
implement the utility and how to resolve some automation issues alone.  I
have spent well over 300 hours on the emails/responses and development of
the complete re-write of the entirely new version of the software.

I'm willing to continue to provide this level of support and more, but I
have to be able to offset the costs of doing that so that's why I will be
offering the two different modules.

I'm sorry if this move upsets some of you, but it's a necessary move on my
part that hopefully you will all understand.

This new utility will be added to the other two that are currently managed
in the same way, (free version and a "PAY" version), which are SYZAUTO the
AUTO command and JOB scheduling package and SPOOLOFF, the Spool Management
utility.  Both of those packages have a free version which many of you have
been using for several years, and a pay version with many additional features.

Brian