-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shane
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 3:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mainframes to address new ‘workload,’ says IBM

The bit I found interesting was;
"IBM's internal figures indicate that around 60 percent of
mainframe revenues are now derived from running new workloads
such as Linux, Java, database applications, and recently,
service-oriented architecture-type of systems."

I can believe these so-called "new workloads" (how did
"database applications" get in there ?) are perhaps running on
60% of the base installs. I'd need some convincing to believe
they are the instigators of the decision to purchase. Specialty
engines and "green-field" sites are now 60% of revenue ???.
Whoa - that's impressive. Where's an industry analyst when you
need one ???.

Shane ...