Here's another interesting problem.  OA17292 is an APAR against VSAM which
describes a failure to correctly invalidate buffers stored in the
hiperspace cache, which can result in downlevel data replacing current data
and thus is flagged DATALOSS.

The APAR text mentions IMS as being exposed.  The defect, however, is
within VSAM.  I do not know if other VSAM LSR exploiters (such as CICS) are
affected.  I have asked that question.

Interestingly, one of the APAR symptoms is errors flagged by an IMS pointer
checker utility.  I am unaware of a "pointer checker" for CICS VSAM files,
so I do not know how one would know of data loss in a non-IMS environment.
Keep in mind what I know about CICS (or IMS for that matter) I could easily
write upon the head of a pin....

Brian