On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:00:20 -0500, Brian Peterson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Then, in my z/OS root HFS (I'm simplistic and am not using shared HFS), I
>create a directory in /usr/lpp/ for the product.  In this case, it
>was /usr/lpp/db2/.  We mount the cloned target HFS at
>mountpoint /usr/lpp/db2 and the product gets the "default" and "expected"
>path to the executable HFS code/files.

We do use shared HFS, but I don't think that changes much.

In my case I would have the old product in z/OS ROOT HFS pointed to by
/usr/lpp/netview/v5r1/ and a new level of the product in its own HFS
pointed to by /usr/lpp/netview/v5r2/.  I guess I could mount and unmount
the new HFS as needed during implementation ... Except that I don't think
I will be allowed to do that on our development and production LPARs.
:-(

Pat O'Keefe