All,

We are beginning to customize our z./OS 1.7 (to replace 1.4).   We have
several folks who will be updating parmib and proclib.  There is a
possibility that we might step on each other's changes.  Say, for
instance, two people are making changes to COMMNDxx.  Some people stage
their changes, i.e. copy parms out to another temporary library and work
on them and... then later... copy them back to parmlib.

My question.... Is there a way to lock member so that only one person
can be working on a member (or members) while they have the lock (the
lock could be held for days at a time)?  (Some sort of change control
software comes to mind, but since this is a brand new vanilla test
system, we don't have time to implement that.  SCLM also comes to mind,
since it comes with the system, but I don't know if that would work.)

I know communicating is key, but we are looking for extra controls so we
don't step on each other.  Any good ideas for serializing access to
libraries we will be customizing?

Mike Martin

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and delete all copies. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. Personal emails are restricted by policy of the State
Employees' Credit Union (SECU). Therefore SECU specifically disclaims any
responsibility or liability for any personal information or opinions of the
author expressed in this email.