>Maybe I'm too tired this evening. I can't see how testing for
>the existence of a symbol at assembly time tells you anything
>about the runtime system level.
Checking the runtime level happen during runtime but at assembly
time I would like to know what is maximum of info. This means I can
assmble on z/OS R7 with all the news but still run on z/OS R6.

>What is IPACEE and why do you need its offset?
It's just one sample and IPACEE provide the CEEPRM member suffix

>Could you change the AIF to check for D'IPACEE (assuming you've
>previously expanded the IPAPDESC dsect map)?
Yep but this require a large change and yes I read the thread about this.
However like others I prefer to have the "unprinted" DSECTS at the end.
I know you prefer the beginning and now I see why :-))

Roland