Shane wrote on 07/09/2006 12:32:46 +1000
"As a general statement, if the structure owner chooses to use async rather
than sync, why would you care ???.
If none are actually being converted, pat yourself on the back for a job
well done, and go find a real problem to worry about."

Don't be so quick to believe it wasn't converted.  If a CF has consistently
bad performance issues it quits trying to send sync requests and converts
them to async without reporting it as changed.  I could not find where this
is documented but I know it is true from experience with a test system that
had 2 CF's - one of which consistently had performance issues because it
was in a remote location.  There were very few requests reported by RMF as
having been changed but all structures allocated in that CF that were
generally sync type requests were converted to async.  The similar type
structures in the other "good" CF were not converted and were reported as
having been sync request.  We lived with it because it was just a test
system.  If and when we had a need to test without the request being
converted we favored the "good" CF by ensuring the structure would be
allocated in that CF.

Maybe one of the IBMers on the list can provide a pointer to the doc that
describes this behavior.