In a recent note, "Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" said:

> Date:         Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:18:35 -0300
>
> Is there any reaon not to use Field Mark for LINEND?

I'd love to.  Depending on terminal emulator, keyboard, and map.

I tried to do the same for ISPF, but it wouldn't let me.  Apparently
ISPF has a set of characters it considers acceptable candidates
for LINEND, not including Field Mark.  IIRC, I edited my PROFILE
data set and set LINEND to Field Mark regardless.  It may or
may not work, but at least I recovered use of semicolon without
sacrificing another of the valuable characters in the list.

And I found an old CMS PROFILE that I used for CMS with a serial
terminal, perhaps in the age of 300 baud modems.  In it, I had
set all the line editing characters to CTRL-modified keys.  CMS
is far more tolerant than ISPF -- if the programmer wants to
set his line delete character to SPACE, it's his gun and his foot.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL