On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:08:44 +0100, Jim McAlpine wrote:

>Norbert, that does work but unfortunatley I end up with 500,000 lines of
>output with the source of every member that is successfully found when all I
>really want is a list of members.  Obviously I can edit the ouitput
>somehow but it''s a bit kludgy.

//S1      EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//SYSTSPRT  DD DSN=&&SYSTSPRT,DISP=(,PASS,DELETE),
//             SPACE=(TRK,(45,45))
//SYSTSIN   DD *
PDS 'my.lib'
FIND $:Z 'string1' THEN(SUBLIST)
FIND * 'string2' THEN(MEMBERS)
/*
//S2      EXEC PGM=ICETOOL
//TOOLMSG   DD SYSOUT=*
//DFSMSG    DD SYSOUT=*
//IN        DD DSN=&&SYSTSPRT,DISP=(OLD,DELETE)
//OUT       DD SYSOUT=*
//INCLCNTL  DD *
  INCLUDE COND=(2,20,SS,EQ,C'** FIND')
//TOOLIN    DD *