We have DB2 V8 in compatibility mode on 2 separate LPARS on 2 separate
Z9 boxes. We can run a stats job on the same tables, same DASD, same XCF
with structures and ECS catalogs but one job finishes in 1/3 the time.

No, the boxes are not equal and no the workload is not equal either but
our bigger box is the one running slower. This is affecting DB2 batch
JCL only. Non DB2 batch is working as designed.

It just started Monday PM but no maintenance was performed this
weekend. We feel like we have inadvertently flipped something on or off
but what that is... we are at a loss. I have poured over channels, DASD
and CPU RMF reports. I have reset cleared and deactivated CPC images.

Any suggestions as to were to look next?

Thanks
Chris M. Sultis

  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are hereby notified that any
dissemination, duplication, or distribution of this transmission by someone
other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly
prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately
by replying to this e-mail.