I was going to use TRSMAIN to pack some SMF Data from TAPE data set to dasd for
FTP process.  However the documentation for TRSMAIN states it cannot use tape.

I do not understand why this is the case.  What is special about TRSMAIN and
tape processing.  I would have thought it would just be simple BSAM writes of
compacted data.....  Can anyone shed some light on why tape is not handled by
TRSMAIN?????

Thanks...

Lizette