Sure Miran,

Bear in mind this wasn't a support response but an (IBM) XRC guy who was
onsite sat down and drew me the diagram. Took about 2 minutes and was as
confidential as RACF was in the old days.

Basically, once a defined threshold is reached for a consistency delay
(usually 20 or 30 seconds), the SDM issues message ANTX8117I which then has
the 5 function types.

1) If it is a coupled session, it looks to see if it is the other session
that is causing the delays - If so it issues MASTER and attempts to
identify the session concerned.

2) If the JTSK queue is too high, it issues JOURNAL

3) If there is high secondary busy - it issues SECONDARY

4) If no Buffers available - it issues BUFFERS - This COULD be an
indication of high CPU util

5) If none of the above, it knows the delays are not SDM related and issues
PRIMARY

Like I said, 4 of them are pretty straight forward and it just confirmed
what I thought. It was the MASTER delay that I needed clarifying and it was
a pretty straight forward explanation. Why this would be classed as IBM
Confidential I don't know.

Regards,

Rob