On Monday, 10/23/2006 at 01:41 EST, Jorge Garcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I wanted to say "HCM only display the installed ports and
> the hardware status field doesn't appear in it".

HCM is only going to show you what is in the I/O configuration, not what
is physically installed.  If you have a new FCP or OSA card, you have to
manually update the I/O configuration to add the chpid.  Don't forget to
update the physical switch configuration and enable the port, if needed.

IIRC, I think the pchid mapping tool will get you a physical configuation
list.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott