On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:40:14 -0500 "Miller, Pat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

:>I am attempting to apply z/OS 1.7 toleration maintenance.  I've cloned a
target SYSRES volume and pointed the relevant DDDEFs to the cloned target
libraries.

:>UK06680 makes changes to several macros in ISF.SISFSRC.  UA20901 assembles
some modules that use these macros.  UA20901 is failing because it's pulling the
macros via the SYSLIB concatenation from the original (i.e. not the cloned) target
library.  By my recollection and according to the SMP/E User's Guide, updated
macros should be pulled from the SMPMTS, which is the first library in the SYSLIB
concatenation.

:>I've looked at the output several times. The DSNs are all correct. The SMPMTS is, in fact, the first one in SYSLIB, but it's empty. The cloned target library is being updated correctly.
:>Yeah, I can jigger the SYSLIB concatenation to get around this, but it's
bugging me.  Somebody tell me what I'm missing.
<snip>

The MTS is for macros that do not have a target macro library; SMP/E needed a place to put them until ACCEPT processing updated the appropriate DLIBs. z/OS macros with no target library are getting scarce.

Are all of the parts in UA20901 stored in target libraries? If so, then it's normal for them not to be stored in the MTS, and the problem is likely to be that the DDDEFs or catalog entries or DD statements (whatever you're using to locate the data sets in the SYSLIB concatenation) are pointing to the original data sets rather than to the cloned data sets.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing