Sorry, I failed to mention that this is a testplex.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Hal Merritt
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:07 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: SYSLOG Broken

We had a task spew console/syslog messages all night long and exhausted
our spool. We purged a lot and we are down to 50% spool, but the syslog
function under SDSF still abends.

Before this, there was a lot of evidence of the JES environment being
corrupted because we failed to cold start after flashing the production
environment.

Just for fun and our education. we would like to try to recover without
doing a cold start.

I think we could just somehow blow away the SYSLOG and restart that
process on one of the two LPARS in the MAS.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it
are intended exclusively
for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message,
information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying,
disclosure
or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete all copies.

intended exclusively
for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message, together
with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged