For Systems/C; you can use our Direct CALL runtime support
(DCALL) to accomplish this.

See the Dignus C library reference manual, at
http://www.dignus.com/dcc/clib.pdf for more information on our
Direct CALL support.

        - Dave Rivers -

cnps wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to call a C routine from COBOL pgm.
I have few questions.
Is it possible to statically call a C routine from a COBOL pgm?
If yes can we also return the result of the C routine(statically
called) to the COBOL pgm.
Do i need to use #pragma for this?
Can i return a string from the C routine to my COBOl pgm?
Copied below is my COBOL pgm and C routine.Can anyone please help me
with this?

PROCESS NODYNAM MAP LIST
IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
PROGRAM-ID.    CALLRT1.
AUTHOR.        CNPS.
DATA DIVISION.
WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
   01  ONEARG  PIC X(10) VALUE "ABCDEFG123".
   01  B1            PIC X(30).
PROCEDURE DIVISION.
MAIN.
    DISPLAY "ONEARG IS " ONEARG.
    CALL "PADWPD" USING
       BY REFERENCE ONEARG
       RETURNING B1.
    DISPLAY "PADDED STRING  " B1.
    DISPLAY "PADWPD'S RC IS " RETURN-CODE.
    MOVE 0 TO RETURN-CODE.
STOP RUN.

#include<stdio.h>
#include<ctype.h>
#include<string.h>
#include<stdlib.h>
int PADWPD(char *onearg)
{
 char b??(30??);

 printf("onearg%s",onearg);
 strcpy(b,",");
 strcat(b, "###");
 strcat(b, onearg);
 strcat(b, "###");
 printf("Bvalue%s",b);
return b; }

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com