From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Dazzo
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 2:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Java Error

Hi All, working with java 1.4.2 on zOS 1.7. Entered command java
-version in USS and got the following error. Any thoughts?  Thanks

ST1MAT:/: >java -version

Error: unable to allocate 67108864 bytes for GC in
j9vmem_reserve_memory.
Error: unable to allocate 34358272 bytes for GC in
j9vmem_reserve_memory.
Error: unable to allocate 27486208 bytes for GC in
j9vmem_reserve_memory.
Error: unable to allocate 21988352 bytes for GC in
j9vmem_reserve_memory.
Error: unable to allocate 17590272 bytes for GC in
j9vmem_reserve_memory.
Error: unable to allocate 14071808 bytes for GC in
j9vmem_reserve_memory.

JIT: Method sample thread failed to start -- disabling sampling.

JVMJ9VM019E Fatal error: Unable to find and initialize required class
java/lang/
NoClassDefFoundError

JVMJ9VM020I Searched in
/usr/lpp/java/J1.4_64/lib/ibmcertpathprovider.jar
JVMJ9VM020I Searched in /usr/lpp/java/J1.4_64/lib/server.jar

JVMJ9VM020I Searched in /usr/lpp/java/J1.4_64/lib/xml.jar

JVMJ9VM023I This may indicate that JAVA_HOME is incorrect, or that
class librari
es are not installed