>JQEs are the number of JOBs on the queue.  So you want to increase them to
a large enough number to support the highest number of jobs you have
residing on Spool at any one point in time.

>I always max it out (or as close to max as possible).  You need to make
sure your checkpoint data set is large enough to support the increase.  I
think there is a formula in the JES2 Init and Tuning guide that will help
you make that determination.

>Or you can increase your jes2 checkpoint on the fly with a Reconfiguration
dialogue.  I did this a lot under OS/390 V2.10.  It is very easy.

>You do not need to do anything with OUTDEF  that is for sysout.  You need
to work with JOBNUMs.  Also check to see if you have a flood of jobs coming
in when you see these messages, it could be a scheduling issue or a testing
issue.  One user can submit a lot of jobs if there are all in one PDS member
and the users says SUB on the command line.

>I would probably increase it to 32000 jobs and just leave it at that.  If
you are adding more systems or environments coming into your MAS, you may
have to upgrade to z/OS sooner than later.  JES2 at OS/390 V2.10 can only
support so much stuff.  If you do not have any OS/390 V1.3 systems then you
can go higher.  Only restriction would be the size of the JES2 Check point
data set.

>Write me offline if you would like to further discuss options to get around
some of these restrictions or if you want more info on the reconfiguration
process in JES2.