Chithra Nayar wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to Mr Comstock.I tried the changes you suggested and it
worked!!!
How can i change the static call to a dynamic call?I tried by changing
the first line
PROCESS NODYNAM MAP LIST to
PROCESS DYNAM MAP LIST
and left the remaining unchanged.
Compiled and linked the C code.

Huh? You changed the COBOL program and compiled
and linked the C code? You need to recompile and
bind the COBOL program.

MODULE ENTRY NOT PROVIDED.  ENTRY DEFAULTS TO SECTION @ST00001. is a
message i got when the link of c code was done.I did not use #pragma.

Sounds like your bind (link edit) step for the C program
needs one of the following:

     //LKED.SYSLMOD DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=load_lib(PADWPD1)

or, in your binder control statements include

            NAME  PADWPD1(R)

I got a SOC7 while executing this.
WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
  01  ONEARG  PIC X(10) VALUE "SUDHEER123".
  01  B1      PIC X(30).
PROCEDURE DIVISION.
MAIN.
   DISPLAY "ONEARG IS " ONEARG.
   CALL "PADWPD1" USING
      BY REFERENCE B1, ONEARG.
   DISPLAY "PADDED STRING  " B1.
   DISPLAY "PADWPD1'S RC IS " RETURN-CODE.
I have no access to edit the link JCL to specify the entry point.

Really? Why not?

Is there an alternate method to do this?

Build your own link JCL?

Also can you please suggest some good book to learn about COBOL
dynamically calling C routine?

No, but I've got a course ...

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock