I think I may have abused SMP and it has retaliated.  Help would be
appreciated.

7 or 8 months ago our MVS team received a new release of NetView into our
main MVS SMP environment.  They then decided they were too busy to do
anything with it.  Last week I was givin permission to do the install but
I had to do it in its own SMP environment - it's own CSI, SMP datasets,
target and dlib datasets, etc.  And by the way, the installation tapes
were thrown away.

Ok.  No tapes, but all the MCS statements were in the system PTS, all the
RELFILE files had built their PDSs, etc.  All the data was there.  So I
changed all RELFILE references to TXLIB references, added TXLIB DD
statements to the APPLY JCL, and proceeded with the RECEIVE and APPLY.

Only 2 modules out of thousands had a problem.  They generated the message
  GIM24701W SMP/E COULD NOT OBTAIN LINK-EDIT PARAMETERS FOR LOAD MODULE
      xxxxxxx FOR SYSMOD HENV520.  DEFAULTS WERE USED.
And those defaults did not include RENT and REUS.  These modules were
linked into a subroutine library.  They were also included in a couple
modules in the product's main linklib.   Those latter 2 modules were
correctly linked with RENT and REUS.

During JCLIN processing the 2 modules in error were flagged with the
message "COPY INDICATOR SET".  No other modules got this, so I suspect
that is related.

I know I can relink the modules in the subroutine library (or just copy
them from their TXLIB PDS) to get the RENT and REUS attributes back so
I'm not terribly worried, but I don't understand how this happened.
Does anyone have an explanation?

Thanks in advance.

Pat O'Keefe