We put only SYS1.SICELPA in LPA.  Since this data set only has the DFSORT
SVC, it did not matter whether it was before or after syncsort's LPA
modules.

We put SYS1.SICELOAD and SYS1.SORTLPA *after* syncsort's libraries in the
link list.

These steps were per instructions in II14047.  II14047 describes several
alternative options for installing the two sort products so they can
successfully coexist.

Perhaps your ISV product is attempting to "detect" which sort product to
use.  With the introduction of DB2 Version 8's requirement for DFSORT,
perhaps your problem is actually within the ISV product.  Is this ISV
product at a current level?  In any event, I'd certainly go to the ISV and
open a problem with them.  Their own "sort product detection logic" may be
defective.

Brian