Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 10:08 PM
Subject: How to expand SYS1.LINKLIB?

Is there a SAFE way to expand the size of SYS1.LINKLIB? I have a z/OS 1.6
ADCD system where SYS1.LINKLIB is using all of its primary extent. I need
to apply a PTF to a module in LINKLIB but I'm afraid it will cause it to go
into a secondary extent. Why it was set up with the exact number of tracks
for primary allocation and then given a secondary allocation I'll never
know. There is a one pack IPL-able system on the ADCD I could use but it
will take quite a bit to set it up. Is there an easier (and safe) way to
expand SYS1.LINKLIB?