On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:54:20 -0500, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you
wrote:

>Actually, that only applied to MFT-I.  With MFT-II and MVT, R/I messages
>were always in a separate data set than the JCL listing.
>
>Shmuel Metz , Seymour J. wrote:
>> In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 11/10/2006
>>    at 06:46 PM, Clark Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>>
>>> What I miss is the HASP mod that intersperses the messages with the
>>> JCL so that the expansions and error messages appeared with the
>>> related lines of JCL.
>>
>> Modifications? Prior to MVS, R/I messages were always interspersed
>> with the JCL, whether or not you were running HASP. Or are you
>> referring to some other type of message?

In the interest of jogging someone's memory less porous than mine, the
HASP mods (maybe from British Rail) were definitely for MVT HASP 3.1.
My version is on the 1979 Michigan Mods tape (MVT tape).  I believe
that they put the interpretation of the JCL line immediately after the
JCL line instead of in a separate listing and maybe even incorporated
the JESMSG.  Amazing what 27 years does to the memory.  While I doubt
that it would be worth upgrading them to the latest JES2 and JES3, I
would like to have something better than the current mishmash.