It's still available from McGill.  Some of the Hercules folks play with
it.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jousma, David
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 9:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] 1401 and Music

Yes, that is the MUSIC I know.  It's what we used in college, for get
this, interactive coding of programs, submitting batch jobs, etc.  It
was still pretty new to the college, and the college still made all new
computer students take card punch class, just so we'd know what it was
like in case they were still in use in business when we graduated......
This was in the early 80's.

Dave

Dave Jousma
Principal Systems Programmer