Jim,

>From Netview:
'LISTA DSIVTAM' shows a list of concatenated VTAM-datasets in the
Netview-proc:
LISTA DSIVTAM:
CNM299I
DDNAME   DATA SET NAME                                 MEMBER   DISP
-------- --------------------------------------------- -------- --------
DSIVTAM  SYS1.LVTAMLST                                          SHR,KEEP
         SYS1.LNCPSRC                                           SHR,KEEP
         SYSP.VTAM.P1.VTAMLST                                   SHR,KEEP

Members of these datasets are 'BR'owsable from Netview.

'D NET,MAJNODES' shows the names of all the major nodes that VTAM knows.

You need authorization to use the commands 'D NET', 'LISTA' and 'BR'.

Of course, the best way is to get read-authorization for the VTAMLST.
I see no reason why you should not be allowed to read the members.
( except for a security-policy gone totally nova )

I do not know of any 'free utils' to view a dataset.
Most 3270-emulators can be used to download a dataset, but you still
need authorization.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Slegtenhorst
OPS&ITB/DCO/PO/Mass/Team 4 ( ITC SNA Beheer )

I am out of the office on every friday