We're a CA-1 and RACF shop. You can, in CA-1, specify the FORNDSN option
as NONE

FORNDSN NONE              Foreign DSN check

Which prevents CA-1 from calling RACF for datasets specified as foreign
(ACCODE=XCANORES is how we do it, some use EXPDT=98000).

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation
(850) 414-4209