-- snip --
I currently have concurrent copy preferred in all of my management classes.
I noticed during autobackups that datasets in use receive a RC of 8 from
concurrent copy due to, I'm assuming, the TOL(ENQF) parameter not being
included in the defaults for the dump command.  HSM then issues an HBACK
for
the dataset and it gets put on an ML1 volume.  Is there a way to change the
default values HSM uses for ADRDSSU and if there is should I change
them????
What do others do?  Thanks for the help.
-- snip --

Take a look at  DFSMShsm Storage Administration Guide

chapter 'Specifying How DFSMShsm Should Respond to a Data Set in Use'.

John