From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of ??? ?? ???
Sent: Thursday December 28 2006 04:11
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Transferring ADABAS backup file from VSE to MVS using FTP

Hi,

We are trying to transfer an ADABAS backup file from a VSE system to an MVS
system using FTP.

There is no direct connection between the VSE and MVS systems. We have to
transfer the file from the VSE system to a ftp server and then from there to
the MVS system.

Using tapes is not an option since the systems do not have common media.

The problem is that the ADABAS backup file has variable length records and
the record and block length information is lost during the transfer.

Can anyone recommend a way to perform this transfer.

TIA

Gadi