-- snip --
We haven't got anything specified in IECIOSxx but are having some
difficulty getting VARY commands to them to complete.
-- snip --
We make pretty extensive use of FICON CTCs, including 'channel extension'
over DWDM. Our IECIOS00 has no entries at all for CTCs, so we're taking
defaults. No one has reported any related problems.
-- snip --

Same as Skip, using the defaults with no problems.

d ios,mih,time=ctc
  IOS086I 07.25.47 MIH TIME(S)
   CTC =03:00.

Alan, if you are having problems with Vary commands, take a look at the
hardware log (HMC) and/or LOGREC to see what is happening.

John