In a recent note, Mark Zelden said:

> Date:         Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:56:03 -0600
>
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:46:08 -0500, Veilleux, Jon L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >We ran into an interesting situation with z/OS V1.8. One of our folks
> >uses a PDS for his listing dataset in ISPF 3.12 and 3.14. This stopped
> >working when we upgraded to z/OS V1.8. After hitting enter we got:
> >"Listing not generated". When we hit PF1 for more information we
> >received: "Abnormal completion (RC=25). Existing list DS attribute
> >conflict."
> >Through some diligent tracing by our ISPF support guy we found that PTF
> >UA31856 caused the problem. When we removed it all was well.
> >Just thought I'd let everyone know.
> >
> Thanks for letting us know.  But I just checked and that PTF is not
> marked PE (at least not yet), so what you really need to do is open
> a PMR with IBM to find out if this is WAD or BAD.   Is it documented
> anywhere that the listing data set can't be a PDS member?

It has long been my experience that while SuperC has accepted
HFS members as comparands, ironically it will not allow its output
to be directed to an HFS member.  I haven't reported this because
of the highly likely WAD (IMO BAD).  Now I'd better check (before
and after UA31856) to see that IBM hasn't made this even worse.

It's my impression that much of IBM treats HFS as a second-class
citizen -- if it's broke they see little need to fix it -- they
take APARs as SUG, etc.

-- gil
--
StorageTek