On 16 Feb 2007 09:05:19 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rick Fochtman)
wrote:

>That's true, Walt. But how do you prevent the user from burying his id,
>or an anagram of it, in the password without using an exit? We found
>that to be the most prevalent security-related issue when we had to
>grant acces to non-DP oriented users, like the traders on the floor at
>the Chicago Board of Trade.
>
>(Forcing regular password changes was a whole other issue. <G>)

Let me see, this is February of 2007, my password must be B02razee07.

Gets me past the password cops, I don't write my password down, and
can do my work.

Hey, it can be broken - but if I don't work, I don't get paid -
security is someone else's problem.

Years ago I had a Vax class - my instructor was French, so she was
able to use passwords that the English language password parser did
not recognize as words.

But just as security isn't my job - developing a useable replacement
for passwords apparently isn't the job of our local security staff -
not without a budget and support to do something better.

And apparently nobody is solving the problem of world-wide security
with people using the same password on a hundred web sites (meaning
that they can be phished).    The occasional article telling them this
is dangerous does nothing - if they read it, they can't remember a
hundred different secure passwords.