On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:02:08 -0600, Mark H. Young
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>In the CONDEF parms in JES2, the DISPMAX= value limits the amount of a
>JES2 display command's output.  Short of changing that value, isn't there
>a parm string to add to any JES2 command to override that?
>Seems I recall it used to work that way, no?!  Like a display command for
>example:  $DRDI(*) to list all of your systems' defined internal readers.
>Most systems have lots, and the output display cuts off before it gets to
>listing them all.
>
>Or is it since the introduction of the DISPMAX parm in CONDEF, they
>changed all JES2 commands?
>
>I've looked and can't seem to locate it.....even tore thru QuickRef lots.
>Must be either a brain-cramp, or lost brain cells from dementia, ay?!

It is documented when DISPMAX doesn't apply, but you have to read
in-between the lines and understand consoles a little.

   The DISPMAX= parameter is not honored when:
     1.  Output is displayed for error conditions.
     2.  Output is destined for an "out-of-line" area on the MCS console.
     3.  A command is issued with the expicit L= keyword specifying an
         out-of-line area.

Using your example from above you could use the command $DRDI(*),L=Z to
see all the output.

Cheers,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO