From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Bill Klein
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:50 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: General question on licensing "obsolete" IBM products

I think that 97% compatible is GROSSLY underestimated.  Although this may
not have always been true, but today, there are ALMOST no cases where the
BEHAVIOR is different.

I suppose that if you are
  A) still using ISAM
        or
  B) TCAM
        Or
  C) other very old software, you might have a problem

HOWEVER< as long as you are running under z/OS, then you really, REALLY, do
not want the OS/VS COBOL run-time (either concatenated before or after LE).
If your OS/VS COBOL programs were link-edited with NORES, then you don't
need ANY run-time library for them (and what you do have won't make any
difference).

Can you actually give some reason TODAY not to use LE as the run-time for
all non-NORES OS/VS COBOL programs - or are you just saying that your
remember or heard that there USED to be a problem?