Hi,

  I am planning to implement the MCDS in VSAM EXTEND MODE.  The MCDS is not
shared by any other partition.  I have place my backout procedures should my
preliminary tests fail.

  My question is what should I do if I have a problem with DFHSM later in the
day?  For example I will implement my change at 02:00 a.m.and I get notified
that there is a problem at 11:00. a.m.  Can I do the following :

  1. Rename the current MCDS to MCDS.BAD
  2. Redfine the (cluster) MCDS with the old attributes.
  3. Repro the records from the current file back to the new file so that I
don't lose any
     updates and not be out of synch?

  Would there be a problem with DFHSM? Would there be other problems that  may
occur which I haven't foreseen?  Can you suggest something else?

  Thanks

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.