On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:04:24 -0500, Jousma, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Looks like the problem was caused by OA19265.  Still pretty fresh.  I'm
>in the process of backing it off.  IBM was also able to recreate the
>problem.

Scary... ya really have to wonder what kind of testing is done
when a change to something in 3.4 breaks something else in 3.4.

BTW, is anyone else have problems with IBMLINK on the web?  I had
to go into "classic" IBMLINK to pull up the APAR.

APAR Identifier ...... OA19265      Last Changed ........ 07/03/01
EDITING A VSAM DATA SET VIA ISPF EDIT COMMAND  WHICH IS
ALLOCATED SHR TO OTHER JOBS LEADS TO MESSAGE 'DATA SET IN USE'

Symptom ...... MS MSG               Status ........... CLOSED  PER
Severity ................... 3      Date Closed ......... 07/02/23
Component .......... 565504202      Duplicate of ........
Reported Release ......... F02      Fixed Release ............ 999
Component Name ISPF V4 (PDF/SC      Special Notice
Current Target Date ..07/05/09      Flags
SCP ...................
Platform ............

Status Detail: SHIPMENT - Packaged solution is available for
                          shipment.

PE PTF List:

PTF List:
Release C02   : UA32442 available 07/02/27 (F702 )
Release D02   : UA32538 available 07/02/27 (F702 )
Release E02   : UA32562 available 07/02/27 (F702 )
Release F02   : UA32563 available 07/02/27 (F702 )
Release G02   : UA32566 available 07/02/27 (F702 )

Parent APAR:
Child APAR list:

ERROR DESCRIPTION:
When trying to edit a VSAM dataset via ISPF 3.4 and command E
which is allocated SHR to several CICS regions the following
message is issued (VSAM_EDIT_ENABLED=YES):
Data set in use   or
IKJ56225I DATA SET aaa.bbb.ccc ALREADY IN USE, TRY LATER+
IKJ56225I DATA SET IS ALLOCATED TO ANOTHER JOB OR USER

LOCAL FIX:
directly invoke the program to edit the VSAM data set.

PROBLEM SUMMARY:
* USERS AFFECTED: ISPF users of shared VSAM datasets.          *
* PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: Using ISPF DSLIST option 3.4 to Edit a  *
*                      VSAM data set that is defined to CICS   *
*                      as SHARED returns MSGIKJ56225I.         *
* RECOMMENDATION: Apply the provided PTF.                      *

--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO