Hi Folks,

   I've got a bad case of brain lock.  (Good thing it's Friday!)

   I'm running the STARTER member and getting the following, which
causes a JCL error:

      10 IGD01008I SCDFHSM SELECTED
      10 IGD302I DATA SET ALLOCATION REQUEST FAILED -
INCOMPATIBLE STORAGE CLASS SCDFHSM AND VOLUME ZHSM02
FOR DATA SET DFHSM.HSMLOGX1

   Upon looking up the message, none of the causes seem to apply:

o   not all of the volumes are SMS managed.  BUT THEY ARE:
o   not all of the volumes are defined to the same storage group.  BUT
THEY ARE:

ZHSM01 ACTIVE    ACTIVE    ACTIVE    SIMPLEX     ----    3002  CONVERT
SGDFHSM   ---------  ENABLE    ON
ZHSM02 ACTIVE    ACTIVE    ACTIVE    SIMPLEX     ----    3003  CONVERT
SGDFHSM   ---------  ENABLE    ON
ZHSM03 ACTIVE    ACTIVE    ACTIVE    SIMPLEX     ----    3003  CONVERT
SGDFHSM   ---------  ENABLE    ON

o   the storage group containing the volumes was not selected for this
    data set allocation.

    Note the IGD01008I SCDFHSM SELECTED message above.  This is a WRITE
statement I put in to the SC ACS routine.

    The SCDFHSM SC has the Guaranteed Space attribute.  DASD is 3390-3
emulated on an EMC DMX3000.

    Any ideas?

Bob Lester
Sr. Systems Programmer
Oppenheimerfunds

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.
OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or
disclose the content of all email communications.