From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steven Werth
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: FTP Secure (TLS/SSL) to BMC Support - TLS handshake failed

We are trying to setup a FTP transfer to BMC using TLS/SSL and we're
having some problems in getting the authentication process to work.  I'm
asking the list simply because BMC support has been extremely slow in
responding back to us (3+ days) and I thought I would see if anyone
might be able to point us in the right direction.  Here are the messages
we get:

220 BMC FTP Server Ready
EZA1701I >>> AUTH TLS
234 AUTH TLS successful
EZA2897I Authentication negotiation failed
EZA2898I Unable to successfully negotiate required authentication
EZA1735I Std Return Code = 10234, Error Code = 00017
EZA1701I >>> QUIT
550 TLS handshake failed

We are able to do FTP secure transfers to other vendors.

Our system is z/OS 1.8 with RACF.

Thanks,

Steve Werth