On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:23:35 -0500, Rick Fochtman wrote:

>------------------------<snip>--------------------
>We're on a z9BC.
>
>We've got some other code changes in the process that I'm trying to
>isolate from the ARITH(EXTEND) impact to see if this is really 30%
>attributable to the ARITH option change. I'd still be interested in
>hearing what others have experienced in reality. We seem to be in the
>upper range of IBM's performance impact analysis. Are you ???
>I'm curious: how much difference in overall run time either with or
>without the "RENT" compiler option?

I don't know. I'm trying to arrange to recompile without EXTEND and test. I'll
see if I can throw in a RENT/NORENT test too. I would hope they're all
compiled RENT now (I'd expect best results from RENT), but it's in
development right now so it's hard to say how the programs are compiled or
even if they're compiled with a consistent set of options.